FIRES HAPPEN! Once the fire is out, the recovery process begins. SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore is here to help!
SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore’s local professionals have been successfully helping Oakdale/North Bay Shore, NY homeowners with fire damage for over 27 years. We provide 24-hour emergency service and are dedicated to responding FASTER to any size disaster. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
24-Hour Emergency Fire Restoration Service
Call SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore at (631) 563-1709 we’re ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help with all your damage remediation needs.
First Steps After a Fire:
- Safety: Ask the firefighters or proper authorities on the scene if it is safe to go inside.
- Call your Insurance provider: Let them know what happened so they can start a claim and initiate the paperwork for you.
- Contact loved ones: Call to let everyone know you’re okay or let people who weren’t home know what happened.
- Secure the residence/business: Prevent theft by locking the doors and covering windows or holes. If, you need help contact SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore, we are here to help!
- Obtain a copy of the fire report: The report specifies all the necessary information about the fire including the time, casualties, date and the extent of fire damage.
- Your current location: Notify friends, family, employers, schools, utilities & services of your temporary location. If you need somewhere to stay you can also contact the American Red Cross for assistance.
CONSIDER CLEANUP REQUIREMENTS: SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore, NY can provide services to prevent further damage, help determine which items can or cannot be refurbished and which structural items do and do not need to be repaired or replaced. We can help you with providing estimates to insurance companies for the cost of damages and will help walk you through the process of thoroughly deodorizing, cleaning and repairing your home.
SERVPRO Steps for a Fire Damage Emergency:
Step 1: Emergency Contact
The restoration process begins when you call the SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore, New York which is staffed 24 hours a day. Our representative will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage event that will help us dispatch the nearest SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore Professional with the appropriate equipment and resources.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
Our Professionals will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service
Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, the SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore Professional can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying
The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. They will then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
The SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore Professionals use specialized equipment and techniques to remove smoke and soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing
They will clean all of the restorable items and structures that were damaged by the fire. They use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition. They’re also trained to remove odors using industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Restoration is the final step—getting your home or business to its pre-fire condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today