What Causes Mold Inside The Home?
Mold needs moisture, water, or humidity to grow and thrive. Mold spores can begin growing indoors when they land on wet surfaces. Some common places mold can thrive include:
- Showers, bathtubs, sinks, and toilets are common places for mold growth. These areas tend to be damp, and without proper ventilation, they provide the perfect environment.
- Air conditioning and heating vents.
- Fireplace and chimney. When not being used, fireplaces and chimneys are cool, damp, and dark - a fertile ground for mold spores.
- In the attic. If your roof has any possible leaks, mold can grow and spread through the ventilation system in the attic. It can also thrive in the insulation and soffit vents.
- In the basement. That all-too-familiar musty-basement smell is evidence of humidity and moisture, and more than likely mold. Most commonly it can be found around pipes and ducts, or near the foundation, sump pump, windows, or vents.
Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by eliminating moist conditions indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, it’s important to not only deal with it immediately and remove it; but resolve the root of the problem as well. In the right situation, mold will grow very quickly, in as little as 24- 48 hours.
If you suspect your house has mold, it’s vital that you call a professional who will arrange for sampling and test the area. The Mold Remediation Specialists at SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore are certified and trained in water and mold damage restoration. They have specific experience in mold protocols, methods, of remediation analysis, and know how to effectively handle mold using state-of-the-art techniques and equipment.
SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore’s experts will first assess the damage and if required by law receive a protocol for a Certified Mold Assessor and devise a course of action. They will then target the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber, preventing the mold from spreading, and clean and restore the area.
The techs at SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore receive ongoing mold remediation training, insuring the restoration your home or business quickly and efficiently.
SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore offers emergency service 24/7; or you can call to arrange for a thorough inspection of your home or business any time. Contact them at (area phone number).