More Intense Storms are on the Rise, Bringing More Damage to Your Oakdale/North Bay Shore Home or Commercial Property.
As the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season continues, scientists are worried that U.S. coastal communities, including Long island could face more super storms with strong winds, storm surges and rainfall so intense that current warning categories don't fully capture the threat. A new review of global data on hurricanes shows that since 1980, the number of storms with winds stronger than 200 kilometers per hour (124 mph, or a strong Category 3) have doubled, and those with winds stronger than 250 kilometers per hour (155 mph) have tripled.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Center forecasters predicted a 70 percent likelihood of 10 to 16 named storms with winds of 39 miles per hour or higher. Five to nine of those could become hurricanes, with winds of 74 m.p.h. or higher, and one to four could develop into major hurricanes, which have winds of 111 m.p.h. or higher.
We have been providing home property or commercial property damage help to a record number of local property owners in the Oakdale/North Bay Shore and other Long Island areas during the last few weeks. We appreciate the trust our customers put in SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore to take care of their flooding and water damage brought on by these record setting rainfalls in our long island area. It is impossible to predict when a water or storm related emergency will affect your property, but these are a few tips to keep in mind when the weather report is calling for storms and flooding in your area.
BEFORE THE STORM
• Keep the name, address, insurance policy and claims reporting telephone number of your insurer and agent in a safe and easily accessible place.
• Take inventory of your household items, especially valuables. Photograph and videotape items for verification and keep in a safe place such as a safety deposit box, and/or send copies of records to a trusted relative or friend who lives another state.
• Read your insurance policy and know what YOUR responsibilities are. Know what is and isn't covered, such as flooding, and know your general/specific policy limits and deductibles.
AFTER THE STORM DAMAGE. NOW WHAT?
• Find out the time limit on filing claims and notify your insurance agent in writing of the damage as soon as possible.
• If there are holes in your roof or your windows are broken, be sure to cover them as quickly as possible so that wind and rain do not cause further damage.
• Save receipts of what you spend and submit them to your insurance company for reimbursement.
• Don't throw away any damaged items until an adjuster visits your home.
• Photograph or videotape the damage for your records and the insurance company. Make a copy of your home inventory for your adjuster
Call in the Professionals
Every Oakdale or North Bay Shore, Long Island storm and water restoration situation is unique and SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore treats them that way. During your home or commercial property damage emergency, our team is here for you in these very stressful times and we are Always Here to Help! SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore is highly qualified and trained in water restoration, our experts will come in, assess your damage, take the proper remediation steps to limit damage, and work with your to restore or rebuild your property. We are a single solution home emergency resource, also working hand in hand with your insurance company to restore your home or commercial property to what it was before. Like it never even happened!
We are apart of the larger SERVPRO family, which means we have access to the best equipment and technology in the business.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
We provide 24-Hour Emergency Service
We are a Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
We are Locally Owned and Operated