Recent Building Services Posts
The SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore Construction Team can help Repair and Restore these 5 Common Property Damage Areas
Our building team can help restore and rebuild your long island property to a safe and welcoming home or business, again.
Putting your Long Island property back together after a disaster can be challenging, our construction team takes pride in helping restore and repair residential or commercial property after a fire, water or mold disaster! Restoring your Oakdale, Bay Shore, Sayville, East Islip, Deer Park or other Islip property, “Like It Never Even Happened” is important to us, making improvements after a disaster is common, and our professionals are also skilled at working with home and business owners to help navigate a rebuild or remodel, our team is here to help from disaster restoration to the final walk through after reconstruction.
5 COMMON PROPERTY DAMAGE AREAS
- Bathrooms suffer common water damage mainly because they are exposed to several water and plumbing sources including sinks and bathtubs/showers in a localized area.
- Kitchens can suffer damage from both water and fire hazards and can see major damage to floors, appliances, cabinets and counter tops.
- Basements are prone to water and mold damage from poor drainage and ventilation, both finished and unfinished basements can see major damage from storm and environmental leakage and flooding.
- Exterior Elements such as a roof, doors, windows and siding are all common locations to see property damage from weather, water, fire and mold. Whether damage is small or extensive, taking care of these problems immediately can minimize continued damage to your home.
- Floors commonly suffer water damage and can significantly affect your home’s overall safety and structure, leading to costly repairs.
These common areas are ideal places to look for upgrades or remodel options when your property suffers from storm, water, fire or mold damage. The SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore construction team can help you reimagine your space and restore and rebuild your long island home to a comfortable, safe and welcoming home or business, again.
- Open-Concept Living: Consider knocking down a wall, creating distinct groupings for the space, and make sure to leave plenty of negative space to help separate the areas and provide space for walking around and entertaining.
- Upgrading Windows, Lighting and Fixtures: Adding a new window, skylight or new light fixtures can brighten up your space and create more flow for enhanced natural light.
- Aesthetics: Color can unify and update a dated space, research color trends and find a style that fits your property. Adding wall art, throw pillows, and other accessories can make the space more welcoming.
- Finishing a Basement: A moisture-free and properly ventilated basement can provide additional living space that is an ideal location for an extra bedroom, home office or entertainment area, and don’t forget some additional storage
- Upgrading your kitchen or bathroom: Updated cabinets, replacing a tub or shower, and new fixtures will make a huge difference, also updating your flooring, backsplash or adding an island for additional counter space are a few options.
A fire, water or mold disaster can ruin your possessions and significantly affect the structure of your home or business, which can result in costly repairs.
Our team at SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore is here to help, we are trusted leaders in the restoration industry and we have the expertise and manpower to address the damage and make repairs. We take pride in every detail of restoring your Oakdale, Bay Shore, Sayville, East Islip, Deer Park or other Islip property and getting your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
Your First Steps After a Disaster
It can be difficult to get your life together after a disaster. We are here to help!
After disaster strikes it can be difficult to deal with the overwhelming amount of questions running through your head. Whether victimized by water, mold, fire, or some other trauma, the first question always remains the same: what do I do now?
First, one must assess if the house is a safe place to return. Safety should be your main concern and you should not reenter a home if there has been structural damage or if the house becomes contaminated with the pollutants resulting from the trauma. If the house is safe to enter it might seem obvious to start cleaning up but it is important to wait until you are able to document the damage by taking photographs. If your camera did not survive the incident, or the house is unsafe to enter, the next step is to call SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore to begin the process of restoring your home.
An expert at SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore will be able to document the damage on your behalf for insurance claims. Based on the damage and condition of your home the SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore professional will be able to advise you if going through the insurance company is the best course of action.
We are ready to make the process as simple as possible, helping you every step of the way. After documenting the damage to your home the SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore professional will give you a formal assessment and advise you of the best course of action. The only step you must take is to submit the claim to insurance! Your insurance company may try to pressure you into using a preferred vendor, with which they have agreements, but it is important to know that you have the right to pick with whom you work. Based on your plan an expert can even tell you if going through insurance is a good idea; high deductibles, increased rates, and fear of getting your policy canceled may be reasons to not submit.
While a disaster is never good, the resulting damage can give you the opportunity to rebuild your room or home into something you’ve always wanted. SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore is ready to help build your dream home. Turn a negative into a positive by adding a second bathroom to your home or any other additions you could want. Rebuilding your life after a disaster is never easy, but you should find comfort in knowing that SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore is ready to make rebuilding your home a lot easier!
Rebuilding after a disaster.
After a disaster—whether it be a fire, water, or storm—damages your home you will need to rebuild and restore. For decades SERVPRO has been known for their ability to respond to a disaster and fix your home to make it "Like it never even happened.”
The first thing you must do after a disaster is take temporary protective measures such as placing roof tarps to prevent additional damage, and boarding up to secure the building and remove water and debris. Mold, smoke, fire, and water damage all have their own protocol for restoration and our experts know how to tackle each problem.
Once your home or building is secured and the hazards are removed you can start the rebuilding process; from the structure itself to preserving and restoring the treasured items inside your home—including heirlooms, art, and family photos. The professionals at SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
- Board Up
- Carpet Repair and Installation
- Document Drying
- Dry Cleaning
- Drywall Installation
- Drywall Removal
- Electronics Restoration
- Fine Art Restoration
- Furniture Restoration
- General Contracting
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- HVAC Services
- Move Out
- Roofing Services
- Tree Removal
- And more!
If you are in need of construction services contact SERVPRO of Oakdale/North Bay Shore at (631) 563-1709